PLEASE NOTE: As of August 2021, the University of Maryland, College Park anticipates facilitating New Student Orientation fully in-person on campus for Winter 2021-2022. We will be actively monitoring COVID-19 and will communicate any programming changes to all incoming students.
Please review the following information prior to registering for New Student Orientation. After reading this page in its entirety, click the continue button at the bottom of the page to proceed to the login portal.
*If you plan to change your major, you must do so before you register for New Student Orientation, as all colleges do not advise on all dates. Email Undergraduate Admissions first at firstname.lastname@example.org to make the change and be sure to include your full name, university id number (UID), your current major and the major you wish to declare.
- I have read and understood all of the information provided on the New Student Orientation website.
- I understand Transfer programs during the summer (May/June/July) and winter (December/January) months are one-day programs and will be conducted in-person unless communicated otherwise.
- I understand that freshmen programs during the summer (June/July) are two-day programs and will all be conducted online Freshmen programs during the late summer (August) are one-day programs and will be conducted in-person unless communicated otherwise
- I understand that freshmen programs during the winter (December/January) are one-day programs and will be conducted in-person unless communicated otherwise.
- I understand orientation is required for all new degree-seeking students to create their class schedule and I will therefore not make plans during my orientation program, and will complete it entirely.
- I understand that orientation programs are major/academic college-specific and if I choose to change my major before attending orientation, I may have to adjust my orientation date. I also understand there is no guarantee I will get the same orientation date after changing my major.
- I understand that the University of Maryland highly encourages each student to have at least one family member attend Terp Family Orientation so the family can gain information and be best prepared to help the student transition to UMD. I acknowledge that the student schedule is sometimes separate from the Terp Family Orientation Program schedule.
- Health Insurance and Immunizations
- I understand I am required to submit an Immunization record through the health center.
- I understand that I am required to have Health Insurance, and if I don't waive the Student Health Insurance Plan I will be enrolled and charged the full amount for the plan. I understand I can waive or enroll after I have registered for classes.
- I understand that if I am involved in a living and learning program such as Honors, Scholars, Civicus, Global Communities, etc. I am NOT required to attend a program for my living and learning program. I can sign up for any program available for my major.
- I understand that I must allow up to 3 business days for my enrollment deposit to process before I attempt to register for orientation. I will NOT be able to register until that payment has been processed.
- I understand that I will not be charged for my program until AFTER I attend New Student Orientation. I should not attempt to pay for my program until the charge for New Student Orientation shows up on my student account. Paying ahead of time may complicate that payment process. Charges and amounts can be found on the New Student Orientation website and during the following registration process. More information is avaliable on the FAQs page.
As a reminder, these charges will only be posted to the student account AFTER you attend New Student Orientation
Once you have reviewed and understand the above information, please: